- Minimal prep
While ordering pizza is a great and low-maintenance option, especially for a crowd if your family is arriving a day or two early, I try to stick with what I have on-hand to make a nice nutritious meal in minutes:
- Scramble: chop up some fresh vegetables, give them a quick sauté and stir in beaten eggs. Add sliced fruit and cheese on the side.
- Stir Fry: slice and sauté veggies, add cooked brown rice and season with a bit of soy sauce or liquid aminos.
- Pasta: make a quick lemon spaghetti and add lightly sautéed zucchini, winter squash or use marinara. Offer a side of caprese salad.
- Salad: a bright, tangy Greek salad with a little grilled chicken and warm pita bread.
- Snacks: sliced apples and oranges, grapes, cheese and crackers, vegetables and hummus and boiled edamame.
Think one-pot, crowd-pleasers with fresh ingredients that come together quickly and do not require use of the oven.
TALK BACK: What are you serving Wednesday night? Use #xoturkey on social media.