This year has flown by and I am ready for what the next two weeks will bring: holiday spirit, love, joy and hope for what’s next. Sure, it’s a busy season packed with work and obligations, celebration and excessive (but fun!) shopping. More than all that, though, it’s a special time for traditions old and new, and making memories to last forever.
If you’re looking for ways to get in the holiday spirit, here are my top five ideas:
- Gingerbread house & cookie decorating party. Dish up the candy, whip up the frosting and create your edible winter wonderland!
- Gotta shop? Indulge in your favorite holiday coffee drink (I’m all about the gingerbread latte and peppermint white mocha-with almond milk) while you make your way through the mall. Hopefully the sweetness combined with holiday tunes will take the edge off ;)
- Staying in? Make the spirits right with Bailey’s in your coffee and cocoa, of course.
- Watch all the movies! Gather your favorites from childhood, add some classic rom-coms and round up your girlfriends. Bring out the snacks (think popcorn and candy, but get creative) and holiday beverages. PJ’s are required.
- GIVE. ‘Tis the season! Nothing fuels my fire like shopping for loved ones and blessing them this time of year. Whether it’s a special wish list item, a handmade ornament, bakery basket, bottle of bubbly or quality time, it’s the thought and heart behind it that makes the difference – for the giver and receiver alike!
Bonus suggestion: Just eat the [insert holiday indulgence(s)]. This time comes around but once-a-year, and you can totally make up for it in January.
TALK BACK: What are you favorite ways to get in the holiday spirit? How do you celebrate? Share in the comments!