Valentine’s Day should be fun and casual, cutesy with sweet treats. We keep it light around here, and Sean has traditionally surprised me with some kind of decadent array of pastries or desserts while I usually make his favorite meal (lasagna). Last year, we both had the day off and added bottomless mimosas and brunch to the agenda. (Tip: If you really want to go out but want an alternative to a fancy dinner, celebrate with a champagne brunch to avoid the holiday crowd! There was virtually no wait at a restaurant that we typically wait at least 45 minutes for a table)
This year, I’ve seen the term “galentine” tossed around and adore the idea of a ladies’ lunch or cocktail party with games and gifts for all. Again, I just think Vday is a lovely excuse to have fun and cheat on your new year diet.
If you’re looking for gift ideas, my husband always recommends Paper Source as a one-stop shop for great presents. He says you can’t miss with their stock. And I agree.
For fun, and with less than one week to shop, here’s a round-up of a few sweet things that I think would be a sweet gift to give to your Valentine/Galentine/Palentine this year:
- Darling Magazine subscription. Personally, I subscribed during half-time at a basketball game on Black Friday and if I could, I’d gift one to all my favorite women. Must read. Plus it’s stunning.
- Newly married? I’ve always had an eye on this Kate Spade necklace. It’s like wearing your favorite team t-shirt – but pretty, too.
- Hanging out with the girls? Target is my go-to for seasonal treasures and they’ve knocked it out of the park with the stoneware collection for this season. How sweet are these mugs? Perfect for a girls’ night watching rom-coms. Just add boozy hot chocolate topped with loads of whipped cream.
- And for a very sweet surprise, for the one who has it all and deserves even more, splurge on the good stuff. While I love and appreciate the selection of macarons from my local Whole Foods or French patisserie, the packaging at Bottega Louie is beyond swoon-worthy. My heart beats for the meringues, macarons, gummy candy and espresso. You can’t go wrong.
- Whatever you do, please refrain from the pre-packaged selection at the grocery store. Nothing says “I totally forgot” or “I put zero thought/effort into this” than a store-made basket that she’s seen at the grocery checkout line for the last six weeks.
TALK BACK: What are you gifting this Valentine’s Day? And what are you wanting from your sweetie? Share your ideas below for all the last-minute shoppers.
P.S. The links above are not sponsored and I don’t receive any compensation for this post. I just love to shop & share.