Now that we’re two weeks into the new year, I’ve had some time to think through my goals and what I want out of 2017. I’m a big fan of the whole idea that a new year means fresh ideas and goals, and do enjoy the process of reflecting (briefly) on the past 12 months and then switching gears to dream about my vision for the next 12. Starting a new planner, writing steps and long-term task lists on paper, and of course sharing it all with close friends. There’s so much power in sharing with people who care about you, for encouragement and accountability.
Without further ado, these are my goals for 2017:
Things to leave behind:
- Food waste. I want to shop smarter and more often to eliminate tossing produce and leftovers during the week. It’s all about being thoughtful and feeling good.
- Crafting. I like the idea of a great DIY project and yes, I am creative by nature. That’s a huge part of me – painting, decorating for parties, writing, etc. But the craft stores and the glue guns and the Pinterest projects are just not my game … and I’m OK with that.
Things to keep doing:
- Being intentional about my calendar–as in not filling it up. I try to keep room in my schedule for mental health breaks, creativity and doing things I love like cooking slowly and reading.
- As I’ve written about plenty on the blog, time at the table is super important to me. I’m always going to strive for more of that and I’m excited for all the opportunities and experiences coming up in 2017.
New things to begin:
- Journaling with pen and paper.
- A new fitness practice to add to my barre routine. I’m thinking pilates, but if you have any suggestions, let me know!
TALK BACK: What are your goals and hopes for 2017? Let me know in the comments section!